House of Craft
|Address:||al. Niepodległości 2, Poznań|
The Wielkopolska Region House of Crafts is a local government organisation of the crafts. The building, designed by Piotr Wiczyński and Leonard Mędelski, was erected in 1929 to accommodate the various guilds operating in Poznań. Partially remodelled to Nazi aesthetics it was reconstructed in this form after World War II. The initial competition-winning project also included the construction of two schools for craftspeople in the vicinity. These were never realised. Today, apart from performing its guild-related functions, the Chamber of Crafts also leases its premises to various commercial and cultural projects.